Monday, October 5, 2009


Double Dippin' by Allison Hobbs - 3.5 Stars

Double Twisted!
Don't let the cover fool you, this book has nothing to do with sexy women and ice cream. Double Dippin' is a straight up TRIP! The story picks up when a set of twins, Shane and Tariq are subjected to life as foster children, after witnessing the death of their Mother. While Shane is described as the handsome boorish twin I found both of them to be equally demented, along with everyone else introduced in this story. While the book is a good read, it lacked climax. The pages of this novel are filled with raunchy, obscene, sickening events that the twins put people through or in Tariq's case, were subjected to. While I enjoyed Allison's attempt to keep us all intrigued with the lewd events that made up Double Dippin' it was lacking 'something'. The ending was a total shock, and was for sure the best part of the book. This was a slow read for me, and I times I felt guilty for reading it..LOL I give this book a 3.5, and I will pick up part 2 by Allison Hobbs, Big Juicy Lips.



Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it? Have you read part 2? or plan on getting it?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this book and it was "just ok." The cover of the book has nothing to do with the book at all. The cover leads one to believe this book is about a female who may be "double dippin" and that isn't the case. Also, if there was a climax to the book, I completely missed it. The book kept me intrigued and was "ok" at passing the time, but that was about it. I kept waiting for the climax which caused me to continue reading.

Natalie said...

Hi Kellee, I agree with you on that one. While I was reading it my husband asked if it was about cheating. I said it's actually about some twins. He laughed cause we have a set of twin sons. Very very different in my opinion and a first for me by Allison. However, my current read is part two. I'll fill you in, if I feel it's worth the read. Thanks so much for replying to my blog!!

Post a Comment