Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bitch by Deja King


Bitch By Deja King - 4 Stars

Bitch, I might be!

So, I’m probably the last Street Lit fan to read Deja King’s Bitch Series but I’m probably glad I did so that I can read them all in order with out waiting months. So with that being said, I won’t get into too much depth about the details of the first installment, Bitch. I’m sure we all get the gist.

Bitch starts with the introduction to Precious Cummings, and the beginning years of her life. We learn that she’s a BK girl to the fullest and raised in the projects of the borough she reps. When handed an ultimatum at 15, Precious is compelled to mount up and make it happen for herself. Precious goes hard for her cash and her middle name should be Adonis. By using what she is blessed with, she begins to live a life that she never dreamed of. Built with a phlegmatic heart, she’s a stone cold killa and is unmoved by the slightest drop of blood at the account of her own hands.

Okay, Bitch is a total fiction book, the type of stuff that takes place is just never going to happen in real life but it made for a dope story! I read this book in less than 24 hours, at work, on my lunch, in bed, etc. I give Bitch 4 stars, and moving right along to part 2, Bitch Reloaded.

Have you read the Bitch Series? What book are you on? The 5th installment is due out on November 24th of this year. Let me know how you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't like this book at all, but I read part 2 because I read part 1 and had actually bought all of them before reading them. Part 2 was definitely better...I think there was a 3rd if I'm not mistaken.

Unknown said...

I didn't like this book at all, but I read part 2 because I read part 1 and had actually bought all of them before reading them. Part 2 was definitely better...I think there was a 3rd if I'm not mistaken.

Post a Comment